Healthcare has always been a high-stakes business. Lives are on the line every day. And now that reimbursement is directly linked to a variety of quality and patient perception of care (HCAHPS) metrics, the stakes are even higher.
No doubt you have a strategy for meeting these challenges. But the best-laid plans can be derailed by conflict. In healthcare, conflict and the communication breakdowns that result can have costly consequences—for patient care, safety, and satisfaction.
The Impact of Unresolved Conflict
With every unresolved conflict, your staff pays a price too. Their ability to collaborate breaks down, and full-on employee engagement is lost. Stress increases, productivity declines, and turnover costs increase.
Leading the Way in Healthcare Collaboration
The Exchange combines a proactive, step-by-step process with unique communication skills that together produce positive results. Through it, managers learn to disarm challenging emotions, model interest-based understanding, and lead joint problem-solving collaborations among their staff, patients, and families.
What the Exchange Strategy for Managing Conflict in Health Care Does for Your Organization
- Focuses on the communication gaps that impact Value-Based Purchasing metrics
- Responds to The Joint Commission standards for communication and conflict management
- Trains leaders on emotional intelligence, relationship-building, and collaborative practices
- Builds trust and respect among your teams, patients, and their families
- Reduces risk of future litigation and turnover costs
- Helps assure quality and maintains a culture of safety
- Explains how to reduce conflict during times of restructuring, downsizing, and mergers
To view the curriculum summary, please click here!
To learn more about the Exchange, please contact Ashley Virtue at (619) 238-2400, ext. 221, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order the Exchange Strategy for Managing Conflict in Health Care for your organization visit www.exchangetraining.com.